Sunday, May 26, 2013

Design Team Call Kit

Well, after thought and prayer, I've decided
to try out for the Design Team for Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog.
If you are not familiar with it, you should really go here and check
it out.  It is one of my favorite blogs to read and be challenged by.

In March, I was the guest designer.  It was such an honor
to be asked, and such an honor to participate.
I'd never done anything like that before, and I learned so much from it.
When I saw they were having a Design Team Call, I decided to "apply".

So the first criteria was to counterfeit your favorite kit, but since I don't
actually subscribe to any kits, I had to go on a search.

There are some GREAT kits out there.  I chose to counterfeit the
May Kit from Scrapbook Circle:  My Favorite.

I love all the colors, and the elements, and I knew I had that Maggie Holmes
Washi sheet, so this would be a great kit to build from.


Here are my selection of papers.
Included are:
Elle's Studio Day to Day
American Crafts Lucky Charm
Crate Paper DIY
Maggie Holmes for Crate the cut apart sheet
Studio Calico Memoir
And that great Maggie Holmes Washi sheet

Aren't they pretty?


Even the B sides are just fab!!


I included a cut apart sheet from the Oh Snap collection.
And a My Minds Eye label sheet.


For the letter stickers, I used a pink Doodle Bug set, that has been very well loved on and used.
And the color goes so well with the kit, so they were included =)
And I included this white Thicker set, so that I could color them to match the papers,
since I didn't have any good color matches.


The Scrapbook Circle kit included an exclusive Heidi Swapp tiny tag set,
but since I didn't have that, I cut out some tiny tags using my Tim Holtz
Tiny Tag die.  And I LOVE the result.
SO cute!!!
Why yes that is a clear acrylic sheet with velvet blue flowers.
LOVE.

I added some pins for the brads, a little Washi for good measure,
and 3 bags (1 DIY'ed).
Good stuff right there.


In my kits, I always add  little scrap sheets.  I have SO many.
I love to include a few.  And stamps.  I don't use them enough,
so this time decided to include some that I LOVE and know I'll
use.  This is an older My Minds Eye and a newer Heidi Swapp.
Love them both.  The single stamp is one I got in a studio sale.
Love.


I really LOVE the Maggie Holmes fabric bows, but do not have any.
So what's a girl to do?
Make them herself of course =)

These are not fabric, but paper.
I LOVE the way they turned out and they were oh so easy to do.
I will be doing a small tutorial on those when I post my LO.
SO cute!!!


So here is my kit.  I love it SO much!!

Thank you for this opportunity.

Have a Blessed and Beautiful,
Crafty, Kind of Day ~~ 

1 comment: