Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Are We There Yet?


So I am LOVING 
the Studio Calico class Bright Ideas!!
This was such a great deal too.
$12!
WOW!!
I'd never taken a SC class,
so this was a first,
and I'm SO glad I did.

This is a LO from yesterday's challenge:
using maps in your LO.

I generally have trouble using the trendy map designs
you see now.
This map page I'd put in my CKC kit this month,
and so I pulled it out and was SO happy to find a way to use it.
It has been in my stash for about 2 years,
time to get it scrapped!

These are pics from going through the Twin Cities
on vacation last May.
I just LOVED these pics.
We loved going through the Twin Cities.
It was an enjoyable experience.

On this LO I cut the map into a 6x12
and then cut those pieces
and then popped every other row,
added a "We Were Here" with arrows.
I love the old map with pics of a modern city.
Makes me happy.


This page was made for a sketch challenge,
so again I pulled from my CKC kit for this month.
I LOVE this man!!
& this color combo....
& these doilies.....
& chevron washi....
& gold thickers....
& this man! :)


This is not a good pic, but is another LO made from the CKC kit
and SC's Bright idea challenge #1.
This was us from vacation last year.
I love this man so!!

We went on an adventure vacation in the BWCA
and it was fabulous and certainly was
Love in the Wild!



I'm getting so much done,
and that is making me happy.
I'm having surgery later this month,
so getting things done now is making me happy,
and I'm suppose to be taking it easy.
Scrapping is helping with that =)

Have a Blessed and Beautiful,
Crafty, Kind a Day ~~

8 comments:

  1. Dawn, can you e-mail us at counterfeitkitchallenge@yahoo.com? We have a question for you. :)

    Bethany
    CKCB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooooooove what you did with the map paper! Genius!!! And "the best man" layout? Your love shines through in every little detail. I can see why you love that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are wonderful! I love the map paper... it looks really effective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! I love what you did with that map paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab pages - love the twirly twine and the bright yellow page with B&W washi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the mosaic effect of the first layout, and the gold+yellow on the second. Fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with the map paper - can I ask what it is? All three layouts are really great but the yellow one just jumps out and grabs me - the bright yellow with the white doily is such a great combination

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad that you are finding scrapping relaxing :-) The map paper turned out lovely.

    ReplyDelete