Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Life Verse

I am currently taking "Scrap Your Faith" class 
over at BPC.
I am LOVING this class!!
I signed up on the very last day that you could,
which was a week into class.
I just didn't know if I could add anything else right now,
but I decided I couldn't NOT add this class!!
And I am So glad I did!

Our first assignment was to make a "Life Verse" page in our Faith Book Albums.
So that meant I had to decide what my Life Verse was.
Now I know a lot of you have known yours for ever so long,
but for me, I love Scripture SO much, I had never really refined it to one verse in particular.
But when this assignment came, I found a verse immediately come to my mind and heart.

I gave it a little time to make sure,
and yep there was one that kept coming up.

So let me show you what my page looks like.....

There are so many details on this page.
I feel like pictures never do pages justice =)


The letters are from Pink Paislee's Mistable line.
They were originally white.
I used a technique I learned in the other class I'm taking right now,
May Flaum's Field Guide class.
It is kind of a labor intensive technique,
but I don't mind that.
I LOVE the end result SO much!!!

I started with my white letters.
Inked them with Tim Holtz distress inks in Spiced Marmalade and Concord Grape (I believe that was the purple I used) and then added Distress Stickles in purple and then coated them with Glossy Accents and sprayed them with Tattered Angels Marmalade Mist, and let them dry.
They are so pretty =)
and really accents this page nicely.


So here is the verse I chose:
Psalm 27:13-14
"I am still confident of this:  I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD,
be strong and take heart
and wait on the LORD."

I love this verse and it is my heart's cry.
This life is hard,
but GOD IS GOOD!!!!!
And I believe I will see His goodness in the land of the living...........
He is Good!!!
His love is enduring and His mercies are new EVERY MORNING ~~
GREAT IS HIS FAITHFULNESS!!!!!


This is the picture I chose to use.
I don't always choose pictures on pages like this one, 
but decided to use this peaceful one of the river at Hemmed-In Hollow.
Yes, this was taken on the very day we had to be rescued.
This picture has such sweet and hard and lasting memories attached to it.
We learned so much this day!!!

So there is the first page of my Faith Book.

The other assignment for last week was a mini.
I will be posting my pics of that next.
Our next assignment will be posted tomorrow ~~ EEK!!!

I haven't started on this week's yet =)
But I will!!

The next page assignment for our Faith Books is:
I Believe
Where we write out some of our Beliefs and build a page around it.
Oh yes,
I AM LOVING THIS CLASS!!!!!

Much Crafty Love ~~ dawn

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for getting out & taking classes... learning more & developing on what you already know.

    LOVE the idea of a faith book... that inspires me!

    ReplyDelete